Being a parent is tough. Vesta makes it a little bit easier. The Vesta Parenting Centre is a gathering place. A learning place. Somewhere you can bring your child(ren), but somewhere you’re ultimately going for yourself. At Vesta you will meet new friends and reconnect with old ones. You will share stories of happiness, sadness, and frustration. You will learn how to cope and how to succeed. It is somewhere you can tone your body and your mind. All while keeping an eye on your little ones, who are making new friends and learning new things before your very eyes.
The Vesta Parenting Centre and accompanying Vesta Shop are owned and operated by Shawn De Vree and Melanie Taylor. As moms with small children we get it. Completely. Vesta exists because we know it's something parents need. Come in and see for yourself! Parenting made easier.
- To provide every parent with accurate, up-to-date, comprehensive information for their situation, thus enabling them to make informed decisions that work best for them and their family.
- To provide a child-friendly environment that contributes to a parent’s well-being where they can learn tips and parenting skills, meet new friends and make life-long connections, discuss what’s on their mind, strengthen their bodies and their minds, and simply enjoy themselves.
- To promote the importance and benefits of breastfeeding and ensure that any woman who chooses to breastfeed has proper information and support to improve her chances of success.
VALUES and BELIEFS
At Vesta we value knowledge, wisdom, integrity, community service, and caffeine.
Our management believes:
- In asking for help
- That there is no such thing as a perfect parent or perfect child
- That knowledge is meant to be shared
- That just talking to others who understand can make it better
- In making time for yourself
The management of Vesta respects the privacy of every individual who enters our facility. Vesta management and employees will not share any personal information you provide during any Vesta program. We also request that Vesta members keep confidential any personal details shared by other members within the walls of Vesta.
The Vesta image of mom and baby was photographed by Barb Weir, a St. Thomas photographer and fellow mompreneur. Barb loves photography, especially portraits, and is amazing at what she does. You can currently find her on Facebook.